Friday 16 December 2022

16.12.22

Dear Parents/Carers

Happy Friday everyone!

This week, in Year 5 and 6, we have been in a very festive mood!

We have been making Christmas decorations, watching the KS1 performance, enjoyed Christmas dinner day on Wednesday and today, we watched an online pantomime performance of Jack and The Beanstalk.  

The children spent this afternoon visiting Santa in his grotto and did a bit of Christmas shopping.  

Next week, we say a sad farewell to Miss Haste, who has been working in Sapphire Class this term.  We would like to say a huge thank you to her for all her hard work and dedication to the class and wish her lots of luck and happiness in her future career as a teacher.  

She would like to share this message with you.

Hello everyone!

Just a message from me to say a massive thank you to all of the children and parents for making me feel extremely welcome at Down Hall for the term! I have absolutely loved being in the school and making lots of memories throughout my first term training. It has been amazing to be in a school that I will remember for the rest of my career. I’m sure I’ll be back at some point in the year to say hello to everyone again, but for now, it's been a pleasure to teach you all, and I wish you all the best for this next year at school!

Miss Haste


Have a lovely weekend

Miss Sharman, Mrs Devlin, Mrs Witherall and Miss Haste